mesolve, evolving a 4-level system instead of two two-level systems

wadad zeidan

Jun 22, 2022, 9:38:19 AM6/22/22
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python
Hello.

I'm trying to simulate the evolution of a system with 2 TLS. I expected to have the same evolution for each TLS when there's no coupling (I added a driving field and expected rabi oscillations) . But instead, I got the evolution of one 4-lvl sys. I'm not sure about the e_ops choice: I couldn't add kets so i had to add a typr:oper dims:[[2,2],[2,2]]  and I think that's why my outputs are for a 4-lvl sys.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you!

Christian Staufenbiel

Jun 24, 2022, 11:56:42 AM6/24/22
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python
Hi,
could you provide a minimal code example of your problem? That would make it easier to understand your problem.

About the e_ops: You can define operators acting on only one TLS by using the "qutip.tensor()" function. E.g. the sigma_z matrix acting on the first TLS by "tensor(sigmaz(), qeye(2))".

Best,
Chris