type error when my essolve function runs

saaru darshini

Apr 7, 2024, 8:35:12 AMApr 7
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python
I am trying to solve an ion trap model's Hamiltonian using essolve function using QuTip,but it outputs an error saying ,first argument needs to be a Hamiltonian but I have provided the essolve my Hamiltonian which is of a list datatype,what is the problem here
 and this is how i defined my hamiltonian \
eta = 0.5
omega_rabi = epsilon / (4 * eta)
N = 15
a = tensor(qeye(2), qeye(2), destroy(N))
sigma_a = tensor(sigmay(), qeye(2), qeye(N))
sigma_b = tensor(qeye(2), sigmay(), qeye(N))
Ha = -eta * omega_rabi * a.dag() * (sigma_a + sigma_b)
Hb = -eta * omega_rabi * a * (sigma_a + sigma_b)

sigma_1 = tensor(sigmax(), qeye(2), qeye(N))
sigma_2 = tensor(qeye(2), sigmax(), qeye(N))
H1 = -eta * omega_rabi * a.dag() * (sigma_1 + sigma_2)
H2 = -eta * omega_rabi * a * (sigma_1 + sigma_2)

H = [[Ha, drive_a], [Hb, drive_b], [H1 + H2, coupling]]

Éric Giguère

Apr 8, 2024, 10:49:52 AMApr 8
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python
essolve does not support time dependent system. H must be a single Qobj.
You could probably use sesolve instead.

saaru darshini

Apr 8, 2024, 12:42:59 PMApr 8
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python
yes thankyou very much, I just used mesolve and it seemed to work
I am pretty new to this haha, so I am trying to apply a Unitary gate to my Hamiltonian H which acts as a Hermitian Operator, is there any Unitary gate method available on QuTip??

Éric Giguère

Apr 8, 2024, 1:02:30 PMApr 8
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python

saaru darshini

Apr 8, 2024, 1:27:17 PMApr 8
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python
I meant sesolve**, I couldn't find anything related to dyson series or any time-dependent perturbation theory expansions in the docs, is there anything relevant in QuTip??

Éric Giguère

Apr 8, 2024, 3:19:58 PMApr 8
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python
No there is nothing about dyson series, pertubation theory. There isn't much of anything close to field theory in general.

saaru darshini

Apr 8, 2024, 4:49:34 PMApr 8
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python
Thankyou Eric, this was very helpful.