QuPath workshop in San Diego! March 14-15, 2019

Zbigniew Mikulski

Feb 15, 2019, 4:20:17 AM2/15/19
to QuPath users
Hi All,

I am very happy to announce that we are organizing a QuPath workshop at the La Jolla Institute in San Diego, California*, USA. Pete Bankhead will join us for two full days of image analysis fun. Please sign up here: tiny.cc/QuPath
It is a great opportunity to learn about digital pathology and practical aspects of machine learning in image analysis. Please share with anyone who might be interested.

You all know QuPath is awesome. What makes me extremely enthusiastic about the future of QuPath is:
- it is a very, very** good and well-designed tool. The performance is impressive.
- This user group is fantastic. You have the fastest-ever-to-reply developer, assistant, and very many people on the forum, who make the life of the users like us so much easier. Thank you!
- The future is bright! The 0.2.0 version is amazing!

Want to help? Please contact me, there is a lot of opportunities to contribute to this event.  Even if you are not able to come in person, you can help us a lot! Please, do get in touch if you want to help.

See the poster below

QuPath poster.png

* San Diego is great. There is so much fun stuff to do! Apart from great food, beer, and fantastic ocean views, you can hike or bike on a vast number of trails.
If you can, rent a car and go to the Joshua Tree National Park, or Anza-Borrego Desert State Park. We currently have a desert flower bloom and there is a chance that you will catch it: http://www.abdnha.org/pages/03flora/reports/current.htm
The most economical way down to SD might lead you through LAX, FlyAway Bus to Union Station, and Pacific Surfliner down to San Diego, followed by rideshare to your hotel.

With best regards,
Zbigniew

Zbigniew Mikulski, PhD
Director, Microscopy Core Facility, Instructor | La Jolla Institute for Immunology | 9420 Athena Circle, La Jolla, CA 92037 | Lab: 858-752-6675 | Mobile: 619-734-5016

Zbigniew Mikulski

Feb 15, 2019, 4:25:17 AM2/15/19
to QuPath users
Yeah, I was sure that posting the poster this way will fail :D

Pete

Feb 15, 2019, 7:28:54 AM2/15/19
to QuPath users
Thanks Zbigniew, looking forward to the workshop! As far as I know this will be the first ever QuPath workshop in the US, following my first presentation on the software at TriCon earlier in the week (https://www.triconference.com/Digital-Pathology).

More info on v0.2.0 to come, but for now I need to get back to working on it so that it is available in time...

micros...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2019, 9:58:42 AM2/15/19
to QuPath users
Yay!  And my turn :)  Let's see...

Zbigniew Mikulski

Feb 15, 2019, 7:50:20 PM2/15/19
to QuPath users
I would like to add that this event is free of charge for all participants from non-profit institutions. Our colleagues from for-profit institutions will be asked to contribute 100*pi = $314.15 to help cover our costs. It will be very easy to justify the expense given the dates of the workshop!

** I really mean it :)

rebecca...@googlemail.com

Mar 8, 2019, 4:18:05 AM3/8/19
to QuPath users
Are there any workshops planned in Europe?

Pete

Mar 8, 2019, 4:36:24 AM3/8/19
to QuPath users
Not imminently, but there have been in the past... and since I'm in Europe it's a bit easier for that to happen. But only tentative plans at an early stage for now.

[Not really workshop-y, but I plan to be at ECDP (https://www.ecdp2019.org/) and SEAP-IAP in Granada (https://www.seap2019granada.es) for QuPath-related things.]