My Quod Libet player opened up for the first time and all I see is domino-shaped blocks with numbers on them. What do I have to do?

Gregg Hardin

Oct 7, 2019, 8:47:10 PM10/7/19
to Quod Libet Development
Hello,

I installed the Quod Libet music player and all I see is some kind of binary code with a bunch of squares that are intelligible to me. They either look like Dominoes or Mahjong Squares with four numbers on them. I am not sure what this is. Is this a hex pattern? How do I get rid of this annoyance? I cannot see what to do to set up the player. There is a gear icon with more small squares. Can someone help me? I am using Ubuntu 18.04 and maybe there is some setting that I am unaware of that I need to change? Thank you.

Nick Boultbee

Oct 9, 2019, 1:40:32 AM10/9/19
to Quod Libet Development
Hi

This sounds like a font / encoding issue (those are probably then missing glyphs for the unicode codepoints (~="characters") being outputted), but not I've come across it.

Best is usually to raise an issue on GitHub, attaching screenshots and details.

Nick