QuodLibet OS X bundle

Eric Le Lay

Sep 28, 2014, 1:20:11 PM9/28/14
to quod-libet-...@googlegroups.com
Dear QuodLibet devs,

I've managed to make a working QuodLibet bundle for Mac OS 10.6 onward
(tested on Mac OS 10.6.8 and 10.9).

Here is the repository with the sources:
https://github.com/elelay/quodlibet-osx-bundle

Here is the package:
http://kerik-sf.users.sourceforge.net/quodlibet-osx-bundle/

What's in there?
- gstreamer 1.4.3 + dependencies for common audio formats
- gtk 3.12
- python 2.7.8
- quodlibet 3.2.1, mutagen 1.24
Detailed contents:
http://kerik-sf.users.sourceforge.net/quodlibet-osx-bundle/Quodlibet.contents-3.2.1_0.bz2

What's missing?
Some audio formats are not supported yet (lack of time to configure the
build for more gstreamer plugins + dependencies).
Some plugins don't work (see the README).
Native menus using GtkOSXApplication would be great.
It will require some code changes to work, though...

How do you see future collaboration?

Cheers,
Eric

Christoph Reiter

Sep 28, 2014, 2:48:28 PM9/28/14
On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 7:19 PM, Eric Le Lay <ner...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Dear QuodLibet devs,
>
> I've managed to make a working QuodLibet bundle for Mac OS 10.6 onward
> (tested on Mac OS 10.6.8 and 10.9).
>
> Here is the repository with the sources:
> https://github.com/elelay/quodlibet-osx-bundle
>
> Here is the package:
> http://kerik-sf.users.sourceforge.net/quodlibet-osx-bundle/

Awesome! Just gave it a try and looks great.

> What's in there?
> - gstreamer 1.4.3 + dependencies for common audio formats
> - gtk 3.12
> - python 2.7.8
> - quodlibet 3.2.1, mutagen 1.24
> Detailed contents:
> http://kerik-sf.users.sourceforge.net/quodlibet-osx-bundle/Quodlibet.contents-3.2.1_0.bz2
>
> What's missing?
> Some audio formats are not supported yet (lack of time to configure the
> build for more gstreamer plugins + dependencies).
> Some plugins don't work (see the README).
> Native menus using GtkOSXApplication would be great.
> It will require some code changes to work, though...
>
> How do you see future collaboration?

I'd be happy to help testing/fixing bugs/improve integration. I have
regular access to os x machines, but I can't set up a dev environment
there.

What are your plans?

> Cheers,
> Eric

Eric Le Lay

Sep 29, 2014, 1:53:51 AM9/29/14
to Christoph Reiter, quod-libet-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christoph,

good to hear you like it!
You started creating issues on the github project, which is fine.
If others are interested, they are welcome.

First the important missing bits should be added. I don't know what
they are: less-used but still popular audio formats? popular plugins?

On the longer term, I'd like to host the downloads in quodlibet-files,
once it proves satisfying.

Still a lot of work to do :-)

Cheers,
Eric

Le Sun, 28 Sep 2014 20:48:27 +0200,

Uriel Zajaczkovski

Oct 2, 2014, 4:06:43 PM10/2/14
to quod-libet-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

Thanks so much for sharing this!

Looks great so far, I’ll submit any issues that I encounter.

Cheers,
Uriel
> --
>
> ---

Jean-Claude Raoult

Dec 3, 2020, 8:16:10 AM12/3/20
to Quod Libet Development
All this sounds fine. I have quodlibet on my PC under xubuntu, and it works perfectly. Therefore, I had it downloaded to a friend's Mac under High Sierra. Everything worked fine with the .dmg, and it was transferred into Applications, as suggested. However, when trying to open it, the Mac sent this message on the screen : Impossible to launch quodlibet because it has been downloaded from an unknown source... Security reasons, I assume.
  Can this be fixed somehow ? I reckon as much because, apparently, some people have succeeded.

Christoph Reiter

Dec 14, 2020, 4:00:06 PM12/14/20

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/open-a-mac-app-from-an-unidentified-developer-mh40616/mac