Running on Mac OSX Catalina

Eric Blossom

Jun 24, 2020, 10:08:52 PM6/24/20
to Quod Libet Development
When I try to run in on Mac Catalina I get an alert stating:

“QuodLibet” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.

Why not? Does the developer need to jump through some hoops?

uriel

Jun 24, 2020, 10:39:13 PM6/24/20
to quod-libet-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

yes, this is Apple's way of 1) protecting users from potentially malicious software and 2) making more money by forcing developers to pay to get into the apple ecosystem.  To open quodlibet just press control+click (you will have to do it only for the very first time you launch the app).

More info here in case you want to read about it:

-Uriel

--

---

Eric Blossom

Jun 24, 2020, 10:41:42 PM6/24/20
to quod-libet-...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks! That worked. And now I have a weapon for other software that might have this problem.