Are Existing Composer Metadata Available to Be Shown In Browser?

Steve.p...@aol.com

Feb 12, 2019, 8:55:14 PM2/12/19
to Quod Libet Development
I am trying to make a field in Quod Libet show only the Compoiser data previously entered in iTunes.

So in Preferences, I click Song List.
Then under Others, I type in Composers (or ~composers)
In the Quod Libet browser, I see a field called Composers shows up, but it is blank!.
I entered thousands of pieces of data in iTnes to my library to indicate the composer of each track. Is that not viewable in a cield called Composers in Quod Libet?

(I understand Quod Libet has a field called "People" which contains composers along with other personell. But that is unhelpful, as many composers (think "Boulez are also conductors of pieces by other composers. Do I have to perform some calculation on the People field just to get the Composers to show up in a field by itself?

Nick B

Feb 13, 2019, 3:39:04 PM2/13/19
to quod-libet-...@googlegroups.com

On 13/02/2019 01:55, Steve.parsons1 via Quod Libet Development wrote:
> I am trying to make a field in Quod Libet show only the Compoiser data
> previously entered in iTunes.

Note that the correct tag is `composer` (singular, like `artist`). And
yes, this is one of the various tags included in the metatag `~people`.

If you find this isn't translated correctly from the iTunes tags, please
raise a bug on GitHub.