Re: Shutdown Wikispot

Oliver Stueker

May 5, 2015, 3:43:22 PM5/5/15
to Peter Murray-Rust, Mark Williamson, Quixote mail list
Hi Peter and Mark,

I have added and converted the wiki-pages from Wikispot to the JUMBO-converters wiki at Bitbucket:

https://bitbucket.org/wwmm/jumbo-converters/wiki/Home

There are still a few links to the old WikiSpot site that need to be fixed, but I can do that manually later.

Cheers,
Oliver
--
Oliver Stueker, Dr. rer. nat.
Department of Chemistry, Memorial University

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 12:27 AM, Oliver Stueker <oliver....@mun.ca> wrote:
Hi Peter and Mark,

After sending the email, I've actually managed to download the pages in raw-text format as well as the attachment that i could find (those that were linked as [[Image(...)]] or [[File(...)]] - there were not that many).

I think it should be rather straight forward to convert the wiki syntax used (which seems to be an old MoinMoin syntax) to Wiki-Creole. (Probably there is already a converter script out there - I will check that tomorrow). Then we can create a wiki for the JUMBO-converters repo on BitBucket and place the pages that are worth keeping there.

Cheers,
Oliver

On Apr 28, 2015, at 19:43, Peter Murray-Rust <pm...@cam.ac.uk> wrote:

Thanks Oliver,
If we can liberate this we can probably find a more permanent place to put it. (not necessarily develop it).

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 7:29 PM, Oliver Stueker <oliver....@mun.ca> wrote:
Dear Philip,

I just now noticed the shutdown notice on the wikispot page.

I am a user of the http://quixote.wikispot.org/ page who is now using the results of the Quixote project for which this wiki had been initiated.

The information on this wiki is very essential for our new project and therefore I would like to obtain a copy of at least all public pages. I don't know which person has registered the quixote.wikispot.org, but I am CC'ing this email to one of the initiators of the Quixote project.

The Software used for wikispot appears to be MoinMoin, which I am familiar with. So for me it would likely be possible to import the exported data into at least a local MoinMoin installation.

In the mean time, please don't delete the data until it could be exported.

Thanks,
Oliver Stueker

Peter Murray-Rust

May 5, 2015, 5:09:43 PM5/5/15
to Oliver Stueker, Mark Williamson, Quixote mail list
what a hero!

Should we skype sometime to discuss outstanding issues and opportunities? (Not this week as am in Canada)
--
Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics

Oliver Stueker

May 5, 2015, 7:14:51 PM5/5/15
to Peter Murray-Rust, Mark Williamson, Quixote list
Oh, you're in Canada?!?

If by chance you have a stopover in St. John's (Newfoundland), we could discuss over a pint of beer or while watching icebergs.

Otherwise we can of course Skype next week.

And by the way: you and the other Quixote, CML and CDK people are the heroes.
I just happen how to use wget and write regular expressions. :-)

Cheers,
Oliver
--
Oliver Stueker, Dr. rer. nat.
Department of Chemistry, Memorial University

Peter Murray-Rust

May 5, 2015, 7:29:16 PM5/5/15
to Oliver Stueker, Mark Williamson, Quixote list
wget and regex is great.

The main problems are usually how to manage the results.