Creating installers

Bitt Faulk

Nov 10, 2006, 10:51:38 AM11/10/06
to QuickZip
I cannot figure out how to create an installer application using
QuickZip.

I have found some documentation that says to create an ISS script via
Tools->Backup->Editor->File->New->ISS script. That gives me a
framework to create the script.

Is "DefaultDirName" where I want the package to be installed? Is it
what "{app}" is translated to?

Is "Source" where the files exist before even creating the archive?

Assuming that my assumptions are correct, I close the editor,
right-click on the script and select Run. It tells me that "Windows
cannot find 'script.inf'".

If I just use the default script as-is, this doesn't fail. It actually
gets me to the point where it wants to install the package. But I
don't want to install it; I want to create a self-extracting installer
that will run on a different computer. At this point, even if I got
the script to work right, I have no idea how to make an install package
out of it.

Am I missing some documentation somewhere?

Message has been deleted

lycj

Nov 11, 2006, 2:49:59 AM11/11/06
to QuickZip
I would like to mention that the "Install Builder" in Quick Zip (not
the new Install Builder for Pocket PC) was developed few years ago,
which was developed for creating installer with small foot-print
(<50kb, including the stub), after Quick Zip 4 released, this feature
is no longer developed, thus you cannot find a lot of information about

this feature.
To use it, you can compile the script (by pressing the |> button in
editor dialog), then look for the exe file (It should be in the same
directory of your script, or \Output\), the exe file is the product of
Install Builder, you can send it to another computer and use it.