beginner

bruce

Feb 9, 2007, 1:45:44 PM2/9/07
to QuickZip
I just came across quickzip and I think it may be a replacement for
LHA (which I've used for years).

I need to automatically compress (for backup) select files across a
network using computer name, not drive mapping (for example: \\server
\folder1\folder1\*.dbf ).

I need to either run this from within scheduler (preferred) or as a
swap run from another program, requiring a command line syntax to do
this.

Can I do it??? How???

I thank you in advance... grasshopper learn much at feet of masters.

lycj

Feb 12, 2007, 3:51:35 AM2/12/07
to QuickZip
Greetings

You can schedule script in Quick Zip 4.60, however as it's based on
the window schedule, you must setup a password for you windows account
or it wont work (refer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=gp;[ln];kberror&style=error&errurl=%2fdefault.aspx%3fscid%3dkb
%3ben-us%3b311119)

To create a script
1. Open Quick Zip,
2. Tools\Backup\Editor
3. New script \ Aks script
4. Create a script using the components in left side, end up like the
following
OPEN "C:\Yourbackup.zip"
ADD "\\server\folder\folder1\*.dbf"
DOADD
CLOSE
CLOSEARC
5. Press the "Play" button and see if it is working correctly.
6. Press "Save current script", then press X button to go back to
script list.

To schedule a script
1. Select the script you just saved
2. Right click, schedule
3. Specify the time you want to schedule.

I have released a command line version of archiver called CakeCmd last
week, based on the new engine. If you need command line support you
can use that one.

Regards
Joseph Leung

lycj

Feb 12, 2007, 3:53:53 AM2/12/07
to QuickZip
If you want timestamp for the archive name you can use something like
OPEN "Backup_%DDD%-%D%-%MMM%-%YYYY%.ZIP"