QuickZip extracting to wrong folder

1 view

incsp...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2007, 10:37:15 PM1/20/07
to QuickZip
I'm very specific about which folder I tell QuickZip to extract to, but
instead of extracting to that one, it extracts it to the folder that
the target folder is in. When I try and drag files out of the Zip
file, it crashes. (I have XP, if that makes a difference) What's
going on?

lycj

Jan 22, 2007, 8:38:56 AM1/22/07
to QuickZip
Greetings

I cant quite get your meaning, do you meant, you have a zip with a file
list like below:

\a\file1
\a\file2

and when you extract the file to "c:\b", it extract to "c:\b\a"?

As for the second question, does it crash for every zip file? (how
about file with other archive type? (e.g. 7z)). I could like to know
what is the error message as well.

Thanks for reporting.

incsp...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2007, 11:39:42 AM1/24/07
to QuickZip

On Jan 22, 8:38 am, "lycj" <quick...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings
>
> I cant quite get your meaning, do you meant, you have a zip with a file
> list like below:
>
> \a\file1
> \a\file2
>
> and when you extract the file to "c:\b", it extract to "c:\b\a"?

I download to and want to extract it to:

C:\My Documents\My Stuff\Misc

It extracts it to:

C:\My Documents\My Stuff

> As for the second question, does it crash for every zip file? (how
> about file with other archive type? (e.g. 7z)). I could like to know
> what is the error message as well.
>
> Thanks for reporting.

This doesn't seem to be happening anymore.