Silent Installation of QuickZip4

Benjamin

Jun 20, 2007, 3:30:16 PM6/20/07
to QuickZip
Hi,

I'm currently working on an unattended installation WinXP CD which
includes a lot of
software. We need this here at work to do faster installations. Now
that we need a
zip-program, we thought that Quickzip would be a good choice.

But we need to do a silent installation. I tried
"quickzip4.60.018.exe /silent" at the
command line, and it nearly worked. Quickzip gets installed silently,
but it doesn't
install the shell extension, and at the end of the installation you
see the message that
waits for you to reboot.
Is it possible to change these 2 things in the command line? Something
like "/silent
/shell /noreboot"?

thanks a lot,
Benjamin

lycj

Jun 25, 2007, 3:08:45 AM6/25/07
to QuickZip
Greetings

If you want the command for installing the shell extension, you can
use the commands below :

Register the shell extension :
({sys} = C:\Windows\System32\, {app} = Quick Zip install folder)
{sys}\REGSVR32.EXE /s "{app}\QzShlExt.dll"

Associate Quick Zip to all support archives : (reverse = /unassociate)
{app}\QuickZip.exe"/associate"

You can also create your own installation, more information is
available here :
http://home.quickzip.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=394&highlight=inno&sid=e4262eef2dd7406a6395bddd90d29a43
and the script for Quick Zip 4.60 :
http://home.quickzip.org/products/softwares/current/quick-zip-4/setup-script

To enable shell context menu, all you need to do is remove "Flags:
unchecked" in line 28.

Regards
Joseph Leung

Benjamin

Jun 28, 2007, 2:49:05 AM6/28/07
to QuickZip
Thanks a lot!

After some tries it works perfectly now! Somehow I didn't find these
topics in the forums, thanks for giving me the links.
Quickzip's now our favourite and standard Zip-program :)

greetings,
Benjamin