How do I remove QuickZip?

moonglie

Feb 21, 2009, 6:39:23 PM2/21/09
to QuickZip
I tried clicking on the REMOVE button in ADD & REMOVE PROGRAMS, but a
popup tells me that QuickZip doesn't exist! Well I have piles of
files that shows it does! When I go into the program files and
select UNINSTALL QUICK ZIP, I get the same message. That it cannot be
removed, since it doesn't exist. Where do I go from here? The
program is much too complex and difficult to understand for a
simpleton like me. I want to remove it and install a super-simple zip
program. Can anyone help me?

lycj

Feb 22, 2009, 6:43:07 AM2/22/09
to QuickZip
Greetings

I believe the problem is caused because program files got removed
before attempting to uninstall, thus the uninstaller unable to locate
the uninstall information.

Actually install and uninstall the QuickZip package (same version!)
should fix the problem, but you can refer to the following site to
remove item from Add & Remove Program list :

Regards
Joseph Leung

moonglie

Feb 22, 2009, 7:30:04 PM2/22/09
to QuickZip
Hello! Thank you for replying so quickly to my post! Sorry to be
delayed in my reply. I went to your website with intent to reinstall
it, as you directed. However, I do not find exactly the same
version. The one I have is QuickZip 460012.exe-----(Dec. 17, 2005). I
have the " .exe" file in my program files, should I reinstall it from
that? I thought it was required to uninstall a program before
reinstalling it. Pardon my ignorance, but I'm still a "newbie" after
all this time.
Best regards,
Patti Scott
> > program.  Can anyone help me?- Hide quoted text -

moonglie

Feb 22, 2009, 7:42:53 PM2/22/09
to QuickZip
Mr. Leung:
Actually, upon rereading the error notice, it states:

File "C:\Program Files\QuickZip4\unins000.dat" does not exist.
Cannot uninstall.

Maybe I could just get the one file that is missing? Or is that a
dumb question.!?

Regards,
Patti Scott

moonglie

Feb 22, 2009, 9:52:36 PM2/22/09
to QuickZip
HOORAY!! I did it!! I went into the program files and double clicked
on the QuickZip.exe file, and reinstalled it.
Then, I went back to "Add & Remove Programs" and clicked on "Remove",
and it worked this time! I'm so sorry to be unable to understand all
the little icons, goodies, & fancy applications, but my little mind
just couldn't wrap itself around it. It is truly a beautiful program,
but just too complex & elaborate for me. Thank you so very much for
the instructions.
Best wishes,
Patti

lycj

Feb 24, 2009, 7:32:12 AM2/24/09
to QuickZip
Greetings

Quick Zip 4.6 is a product developed couple years ago (2005), and is
not suggested for new user (complex interface).

You may want to try the Quick Zip Lite 3.00 (2007), or Quick Zip 5
when it's ready.

Quick Zip Lite 3 :
http://www.quickzip.org/sf-qzlite3

Quick Zip 5 (screenshots only)