Getting started

David

Jan 4, 2008, 8:55:45 PM1/4/08
to QuickWCM
Hi,
this seems interesting, so I'm trying it, and eventually I would
contribute. For now I'm trying on localhost, with no apache/tomcat on
my machine, only GWT hosted stuff. I did the steps on the README, but
after the:
ant gwt-shell
I got the "The connection was refused while attempting to connect
localhost" (in google pseudo-browser)
What's wrong?
;David

Pavel J

Jan 5, 2008, 12:48:03 PM1/5/08
to quic...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

Tomcat is required to run the backend (database, RPC services, front-end engine, etc.). The "ant gwt-shell" task explicitly sets -noserver on GWT shell. So, to make it work you have to deploy it on tomcat first.

Which version are you using (trunk or sandbox)?

Pavel

David

Jan 6, 2008, 5:35:53 PM1/6/08
to QuickWCM
Thanks for the answer.
I'm usign the trunk. I saw some installations during the "ant setup"
and I did not understand the the servlet container was mandatory also
in hosted mode (I usually work on client side stuff). I'll try to
install Tomcat and let you know.
A question about your future plans for qWCM: have you any ambition to
make it "big" (say, like Drupal, 'course little by little and
depending on community involvement)?
Bye,
;Dav

On Jan 5, 10:48 am, "Pavel J" <pave...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Tomcat is required to run the backend (database, RPC services, front-end
> engine, etc.). The "ant gwt-shell" task explicitly sets -noserver on GWT
> shell. So, to make it work you have to deploy it on tomcat first.
>
> Which version are you using (trunk or sandbox)?
>
> Pavel

Pavel

Jan 7, 2008, 10:38:54 AM1/7/08
to quic...@googlegroups.com
David wrote:
> A question about your future plans for qWCM: have you any ambition to
> make it "big" (say, like Drupal, 'course little by little and
> depending on community involvement)
Well, of course I'm hoping to be able to compete with the
best-of-the-best. It's not only the CMS space I'm targeting for (which
has the higher priority) but also the Java Portals (JSR-168 and JSR-286).

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Pavel