Append to OmniOutliner

Mark

Dec 8, 2018, 5:29:31 PM12/8/18
to Quicksilver - Development
I was looking for a way to append a row directly to an OmniOutliner document, but wasn't able to find anything so here's my attempt at writing an AppleScript Action. I'm pretty sure this only works with OmniOutliner Pro. I thought I'd post it here in case anyone else might find it useful.

Thanks to everybody who contributed to the wiki, unlocked2412 and the wart over at the Omni forums, and of course Rob and every else around here that makes sure that Quicksilver keeps running like it just left the showroom floor.

Append to Outline.scpt

Rob McBroom

Dec 8, 2018, 5:37:41 PM12/8/18
On 8 Dec 2018, at 12:57, Mark wrote:

> Thanks to everybody who contributed to the wiki, unlocked2412 and the
> wart
> over at the Omni forums, and of course Rob and every else around here
> that
> makes sure that Quicksilver keeps running like it just left the
> showroom
> floor.

Thanks for the contribution and the recognition. A lot of end-users
might find this useful if you feel like sharing it with the
blacktree-quicksilver group as well.

--
Rob McBroom
http://www.skurfer.com/

Mark

Dec 16, 2018, 11:45:25 PM12/16/18
to Quicksilver - Development
Sure thing!

I've noticed an issue where the script sometimes returns an error where it shouldn't - my mistake entirely. I think I've got it corrected, but I can't edit the post so I'm posting the fixed version here for the time being. Sorry for any confusion.

I'll work with it for another week or so before posting it to the blacktree-quicksilver group just to make certain that this works consistently now.
Append to Outline.scpt

Mark

Apr 29, 2019, 10:28:04 AM4/29/19
to Quicksilver - Development
I've made some changes to this script and I think it's finally working well enough to post it on the general blacktree-quicksilver group, but wanted to post my changes here as well.

I have found a single issue that I can't seem to work around: if the document is open while the row is appended, the new row will appear at the top of the document, and not the bottom. This seems to be a graphical issue however as after the file is closed and re-opened, the rows appear in the proper locations.

Append to Outline 2.0.scpt

Mark

Apr 30, 2019, 10:20:55 AM4/30/19
to Quicksilver - Development
Thanks to the help of SGIII over at the Omni forums I think I've been able to fix the issue above.

Attached please find 2.1 with the fix applied.

Append to Outline 2.1.scpt