AppleScript with the latest build

Rob McBroom

Apr 5, 2011, 10:32:13 AM4/5/11
to quicksilver-...@googlegroups.com
A common structure for AppleScript actions (in `Library/Applications Support/Quicksilver/Actions/`) looks like this:

using terms from application “Quicksilver”
on process text theText
# do something with theText
end process text
end using terms from

When you select such a script in the first pane, the default action should become “Process text…” and you should be able to tab over to the third pane to enter something.

Using the latest build, the action is set to “Process text…” but the third pane will not appear.

Can anyone using the latest build reproduce this? I’m coming from B54, so this could have been broken a long time ago.

For what it’s worth, the reverse is working as expected. That is, I can enter text in the first pane, select the AppleScript-based action, and run it.

--
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>

Patrick Robertson

Apr 5, 2011, 10:38:58 AM4/5/11
to quicksilver-...@googlegroups.com
I've never used this before, but it's definitely something that needs to be fixed.

and tested it for myself - couldn't get it to work either.

I'm guessing it's another 'bad' commit that should maybe be reverted?

Rob McBroom

Apr 5, 2011, 10:59:54 AM4/5/11
On Apr 5, 2011, at 10:38 AM, Patrick Robertson wrote:

and tested it for myself - couldn't get it to work either.

Ah, so it’s not new.

I'm guessing it's another 'bad' commit that should maybe be reverted?

Looks like it. I’m trying to track it down now.