rsync not working on qs0.qsapp.com?

Nathan Henrie

Apr 7, 2022, 12:06:54 PM4/7/22
to quicksilver-...@googlegroups.com

re: https://github.com/quicksilver/Quicksilver/issues/2156

As I haven’t messed with the https://github.com/quicksilver/QSApp.com repo yet, I cloned it and was going to rsync qs0.qsapp.com/www locally to be able to diff www/ and the repo.

However, I’m seeing an error with both GNU and BSD rsync:

$ /usr/bin/rsync -a quicksilver.sixfeetup.com:www .
Cannot execute command-line and remote command.
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [receiver]
rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at /AppleInternal/Library/BuildRoots/66382bca-8bca-11ec-aade-6613bcf0e2ee/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/rsync/rsync/io.c(453) [receiver=2.6.9]
$ rsync -a quicksilver.sixfeetup.com:www .
Cannot execute command-line and remote command.
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [Receiver]
rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(228) [Receiver=3.2.3]

It looks like rsync is installed at /usr/local/bin/rsync on qs0.qsapp.com.

Is it disabled for some reason? This might be an "I don't know BSD" problem.

I had assumed you guys use something like rsync to update qsapp.com after making changes in the repo — is that not so?

If nothing is too security sensitive on this (unclear, hence me using email) perhaps I could add some info to https://qsapp.com/wiki/QSApp.com.

Nate

Patrick Robertson

Apr 7, 2022, 7:16:38 PM4/7/22
to quicksilver-...@googlegroups.com
I’ve never used `rsync` on the server. To update files I do:

Local:
cd QSApp.com (into the repo)
git push origin master

Remote:
ssh qs
cd www
git pull origin master

However I just tried an rsync, it might be because www is a symlink? I did this and it worked:

rsync -avuz qs:/data/qsapp.com .

Nathan Henrie

Apr 7, 2022, 7:26:06 PM4/7/22
to quicksilver-...@googlegroups.com

Yup my bad, forgot I had set these in ~/.ssh/config, removing them resolved the issue.

RemoteCommand bash -l
RequestTTY force

Nate