Translation plugin

Jonathan Levi

Jan 10, 2016, 3:20:12 AM1/10/16
to Quicksilver - Development
Hey guys
I searched around, but wasn't able to find if such a thing exists - so it probably doesn't.

Someone should build a Translation widget for Quicksilver.

Paste text... (Tab)
Translate To... (tab)
(Language selection.

I wonder how hard this would be to do with the Google Translate API.

Thoughts?

Patrick Robertson

Jan 10, 2016, 5:26:20 AM1/10/16
to quicksilver-...@googlegroups.com
I’d suggest you use the Web Search Plugin, and some custom search URLs. This is what I do.

* Install the Web Search Plugin
* Go to Google translate and select the languages you want (could be auto)
* Search for ***
* Copy the URL
* Go to the Quicksilver Catalog prefs and click the ‘+’ (plus) in the bottom left hand corner to add a ‘Web Search List’
* Paste the URL from Google and give it a name (e.g. Google Translate: Auto > English

You can now do the following:

“paste text” (Tab)
Find With… (Tab)
‘auto’