ql:quickload freezes on "loading" stage with cl-sdl2

0xze...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2018, 4:56:22 PM7/1/18
to Quicklisp
First encountered this issue with the sketch library, and again with cl-sdl2.
I'm running SBCL 1.4.7 on Ubuntu.
Running "(ql:quickload "sdl2")"  gives me the following:

* (ql:quickload "sdl2")
To load "sdl2":
  Load 1 ASDF system:
    sdl2

....and it hangs there. Nothing more happens - but I can Ctrl-C out of it. I've got libSDL2 and all dependencies installed via apt-get, so that shouldn't be an issue.
Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong - or how I could possibly debug this?

0xze...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2018, 5:11:12 PM7/2/18
to Quicklisp
okay, so I tried all sorts of things to no avail, only for it to magically resolve itself after being left running for 10 minutes. at least it's working!