Lawnchair (JSON storage) - QuickConnect Adapter for Hybrid SQLite3 database

Noli Sicad

Mar 31, 2012, 11:33:41 PM3/31/12
to QuickConnect
Hi,

Anybody in the group has been using lawnchair - JSON storage?

I think we can use lawnchair in QuickConnect Hybrid and store and get
data from SQLite3 database if we can create an andapters.

http://westcoastlogic.com/lawnchair/adapters/

PhoneGapSQLitePlugin has already an adapter.

Here:
https://github.com/davibe/Phonegap-SQLitePlugin/blob/master/build/lawnchair_pgsqlite_plugin_adapter.js

I think we just modify this adapter. Then we can save (store) and get
(retrieve) data from SQLite3 database.

We just need to create 2 SQLite3 database, one for lawnchair and one
for the traditional use (e.g. SQL CRUD).

Any thoughts?

Noli

Barney Cit

Apr 1, 2012, 3:07:25 PM4/1/12
to quickconn...@googlegroups.com
Is the current sqlite3 tool included in QC not working for you?

Sent from my iPad

Noli Sicad

Apr 1, 2012, 5:44:03 PM4/1/12
to quickconn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lee,

> Is the current sqlite3 tool included in QC not working for you?

It is working.

And I am able to extend it to use Spatialite library as well.

https://picasaweb.google.com/116847891529748214201/QGISOpenLayersAndSpatialiteTerminal#5657943833369879826

While waiting for UnQL, we can use Lawnchair (JSON) as well and use
QuickConnect SQLite3 databases as well.

http://www.infoq.com/news/2011/08/UnQL

Sqlite3 could not do JSON at the moment.

I think Lawnchair works side by side with SQLite3/Spatialite databases.

Thanks.

Noli

Noli Sicad

Apr 1, 2012, 7:49:35 PM4/1/12
to quickconn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lee,

On the related note, SQLite3 and JSON.

Werner has a patch for SQLite3 to convert SQL results to JSON.

http://www.ch-werner.de/sqliteodbc/sqlite3json.tgz

Would this be useful to include this function in QuickConnect Hybrid
Sqlite3 library and make this function i.e sqlite3json in javascript?

Thanks.

Noli

Barney Cit

Apr 1, 2012, 9:35:04 PM4/1/12
to quickconn...@googlegroups.com
Why not use localStorage directly? It is a key-value store built in to the WebView. It handles objects without you doing JSON.

Lee

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 1, 2012, at 5:49 PM, Noli Sicad <nsi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Lee,
>
> On the related note, SQLite3 and JSON.
>
> Werner has a patch for SQLite3 to convert SQL results to JSON.
>
> http://www.ch-werner.de/sqliteodbc/sqlite3json.tgz
>
> Would this be useful to include this function in QuickConnect Hybrid
> Sqlite3 library and make this function i.e sqlite3json in javascript?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Noli
>

> On 4/2/12, Noli Sicad <nsi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Lee,
>>
>>> Is the current sqlite3 tool included in QC not working for you?
>>
>> It is working.
>>
>> And I am able to extend it to use Spatialite library as well.
>>
>> https://picasaweb.google.com/116847891529748214201/QGISOpenLayersAndSpatialiteTerminal#5657943833369879826
>>
>> While waiting for UnQL, we can use Lawnchair (JSON) as well and use
>> QuickConnect SQLite3 databases as well.
>>
>> http://www.infoq.com/news/2011/08/UnQL
>>
>> Sqlite3 could not do JSON at the moment.
>>
>> I think Lawnchair works side by side with SQLite3/Spatialite databases.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Noli

Noli Sicad

Apr 1, 2012, 9:49:36 PM4/1/12
On 4/2/12, Barney Cit <barne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why not use localStorage directly? It is a key-value store built in to the
> WebView. It handles objects without you doing JSON.

I am thinking in line with my prepared spatialite database and getting
JSON from Select statement.

Noli

Noli Sicad

Apr 1, 2012, 10:00:24 PM4/1/12
to quickconn...@googlegroups.com
I like to get GeoJSON from spatialite database to render to JS mapping
framework (i.e Leaflet). The spatialite library is hooked to
QuickConnect SQLite3 library.

This is example of GeoJSON with Leaflet.
http://leaflet.cloudmade.com/examples/geojson.html