ServerAccessObject POST requests

1 view

Claire Theyers

Nov 29, 2011, 4:27:56 PM11/29/11
to QuickConnect
Hi Lee,

I've been using QuickConnect iphone (quickconnectFamily version 2.1.1)
for a few months now and its working brilliantly for me. I've got qc
communicating with a django web server using JSON and so far all has
gone well using GET requests. I've become stuck on a problem using
POST requests from Quick Connect. Whatever parameters I set when I
send a ServerAccessObject.transact I still get it sending a GET
request. I've been investigating the ServerAccessObject.js trying to
find out what's going on but so far haven't had much luck. I feel it
might be to do with the request headers (I don't know much about
these) but have tried every option and had no joy.

Thanks
Claire

Lee Barney

Nov 29, 2011, 5:51:28 PM11/29/11
to quickconn...@googlegroups.com
Claire,

When you call qc.transact the first parameter should be either 'GET' or 'POST'. Are you passing 'POST' ?

Lee

Claire Theyers

Nov 30, 2011, 3:24:24 PM11/30/11
to QuickConnect
Hi Lee,

Yes I am sending "POST",

addCommentService.transact("POST", ServerAccessObject.TEXT, false,
parameterString, data);

I've also checked in the http.open call in ServerAccessObject.js and
this is also passing in "POST" as the call type.

Thanks,
Claire