Re: OpenUDID can QuickConnect use this? (Now BPXLUUIDHandler)

Noli Sicad

Mar 27, 2012, 4:54:34 PM3/27/12
to quickconn...@googlegroups.com
According to some folks in route-me google groups, this one is better.

https://github.com/blackpixel/BPXLUUIDHandler

From the readme.

###########################
Unique Identifier Is Dead, Long Live Unique Identifier

As of iOS 5, Apple has deprecated the device unique identifier api and
hasn’t provided a friendly Obj-C replacement, instead recommending
CFUUIDCreate and NSUserDefaults.

CFUUIDCreate isn’t very complicated and neither is NSUserDefaults, but
this solution fails in a few different ways:

* It’s not a quick one-shot call to get the UUID; you have to
write your own wrapper to make it friendly
* It doesn’t persist; deleting the app blows away the UUID
* There’s no way to share it between apps

The answer to these issues is to create a class that acts as the
wrapper and improves on the persistence and sharing options using
Keychain.

What do you think about this?

Noli

lee barney