QM3 on order

FrankRP

Jan 23, 2011, 9:11:17 PM1/23/11
to Questm3
I finally broke down and ordered a Quest M3 from CoffeeShrub. The plan
is to add the appropriate thermocouples and meters so that I can watch
the roast progress on my laptop.

Wish me luck!

Frank Parth

GuateCoffee

Jul 7, 2012, 1:36:27 AM7/7/12
to que...@googlegroups.com
Good Luck, i am also looking forward to placing an order.
Can you send me details of the thermocouples, meters, computer connectors as well as software you installed.
Thanks

Hank Perkins

Jul 7, 2012, 6:40:46 AM7/7/12
to que...@googlegroups.com
You get the Thermocouples from Eric Svendson at er...@erols.com (great guy)

The Temp data logger I use is an Omega, Eric can identify the correct model.

The software is Artisan. You get that here:

http://code.google.com/p/artisan/

I suggest you roast without this for a month. and learn the roaster.
The guys at Sweet Marias can help you get it down.

You will be happy with the roaster, I have a buddy that owns a coffee
shop where they roast their own, and the Quest does a great job. Be
forewarned, do not leave the Quest alone. It is not UL certified and
it will burn your house down. On several occasions I have had the
temps north of 700 degrees. No temp shutoffs on this baby.