[QuestM3] Voltage - 110V or 220V

Marcio Carneiro

May 21, 2010, 4:49:42 PM5/21/10
to que...@googlegroups.com
Hi there!

I'm planning on get a Quest M3. But here in Brazil, there are 127V and
220V lines. São Paulo is 127V, but is 2-phase and neutral, so I can
have 220V lines on my apartment.

Does the M3 is rated to 115V and 230V? I saw a picture on HB of a
230V/900W Quest M3, so I think it would give me around 800W on 220V
lines - please, correct me if I'm wrong.

How about the 110V? Could I have any trouble with fan or heat element
considering in general I have 125V (tested with Behmor ON and a
kill-a-watt)?

Thanks,

Márcio.

zb

May 21, 2010, 9:25:01 PM5/21/10
to que...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marcio.

They make two types of roaster, one rated for 110V and the other rated for 220V. Many appliances are made to work with a percentage tolerance. So in your case, it will probably work fine. To be sure, you can email the company and ask then directly. That way you won't take any guesses. Tell then that your country uses 127V instead of 110V. Some countries in Europe now also use 230V and 240V instead of 220V (old).

You could also bring down the voltage (under load) using a long extension cable ~ 50ft. Not sure how much it will go down.

You can contact the company that makes the roaster here:

http://www.tradekey.com/product_view/id/865575.htm
or emailing: fair...@hotmail.com

Cheers