Deprecated ???

Ariel Vázquez Riverón

Apr 19, 2024, 3:43:41 AMApr 19
to Querydsl
Hi !!!

Is Querydsl deprecated ???

What do you recommend??

POSTGRES v.15
+ querydsl-sql
+ querydsl-jpa

Richard “Virgo” Richter

Apr 19, 2024, 7:07:39 AMApr 19
to Querydsl
Hello

I don't think it's deprecated, it's been just in slow development for many years. I believe it has all the necessary features and it is very easy to overcome whatever is missing with some custom templates. I've been using Querydsl since ~2012 or so and was extremely satisfied with it, one of my favourite libs ever, if not the one.

I've used it with JPA, and even wrote a book about it: https://leanpub.com/opinionatedjpa/read

More recently, we've used it with PostgreSQL without JPA (querydsl-sql) for our new repository in midPoint Identity Management open-source solution. Again, extreme satisfaction. While there is no built-in JSONB support, it's easy to do it with templates just as we did for example in this class:
https://github.com/Evolveum/midpoint/blob/391cf3a4ec1d97261b192b94886744b8daf0db65/repo/repo-sqale/src/main/java/com/evolveum/midpoint/repo/sqale/filtering/ExtensionItemFilterProcessor.java#L368

Don't expect to get the example right away, I added it just to show how easily you can "inject" any SQL into the rest of the API. That "stringTemplate" is a static utility method from com.querydsl.core.types.dsl.Expressions, which returns a StringTemplate, which can be placed anywhere StringExpression (or Expression<String>) is expected. Very flexible.

So yes, Querydsl is perhaps sleepy when it comes to development, but it's no problem to use it!

Cheers

Virgo

Tom Harris

Apr 19, 2024, 12:07:23 PMApr 19
to Querydsl

3 months ago 5.1.0 was released with some lib updates, it's being maintained - if it's not broke, it doesn't need any fixin, so people using it all over, works great. I've used it on brand new projects myself in production

Enjoy!