New open-source contributor looking to help

Matthew Berkman

Sep 29, 2020, 3:03:14 PM9/29/20
to Querydsl
Working on contributing to more open source projects and was advised to look into this one. I just recently got a few example projects using querydsl-jpa working so I am still learning the framework.

Besides trying to tackle one of the old issues and conversations here, would there be anything specific you would want help with, such as documentation or updating dependencies in example projects?

Jan-Willem Gmelig Meyling

Jan 27, 2021, 7:54:32 PM1/27/21
to Querydsl
There are a few dependencies that need to be updated, but require a small fix before updating: https://github.com/querydsl/querydsl/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22good+first+issue%22+label%3Adependencies

There are also a couple of spots where more documentation has been requested. In particular these issues: https://github.com/querydsl/querydsl/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Adocs but also really anything on the changelog for the current development branch: https://github.com/querydsl/querydsl/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md

Matthew Berkman

Jan 27, 2021, 7:57:42 PM1/27/21
to Querydsl
When I get some free time, I will look into those.