Announcement: "Spring cleaning" of Quercus, use of Gradle

Kevin Decherf

Apr 2, 2011, 6:34:33 PM4/2/11
to querc...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Since the first commit, the main problem of our Quercus' branch was the dependency to the entire resin project : the resin kernel, resin's implementation of Java EE API 6.0, hessian, ...
This dependency is now ended ! I cleaned the repository this week-end, causing 800,000+ line deletions and now we have only Quercus and Resin's Kernel source code.

Another good news is change of building behavior, our branch now uses Gradle [1] (also used by Groovy, Grails, Hibernate and other).
This migration is not complete, we need to add a War and Javadoc tasks.

New organisation of the repository :
- Tags for releases ;
- Branches for development versions ;

Current branch : cc-4.0.14.2-dev [2]

Cheers,

----
Kevin Decherf
Office & Production Manager, Clever Cloud SAS