unicode branch - almost there

chiefgeek

Apr 7, 2011, 2:12:10 PM4/7/11
to Quercus (Clever Cloud Development Branch)
I downloaded the unicode branch today and tested on a wordpress db
that has all UTF8 posts. I ran into a couple of problems.

1. The options unicode.semantics is not honored when using a php.ini
file ( I had to add _isUnicodeSemantics = null after loading ini file
in setIniFile, to fix)

2. When the unicode.semantics is enabled (which was required to get
mysql utf8 data to display correctly) the phpinfo function does not
display any of the values correctly.
I tried setting unicode.script_encoding=iso-8859-1, script-
encoding=iso8559-1 nothing seems to have an effect.

Kevin Decherf

Apr 7, 2011, 2:19:09 PM4/7/11
to querc...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 8:12 PM, chiefgeek <je...@kreska.org> wrote:
1.  The options unicode.semantics is not honored when using a php.ini
file ( I had to add _isUnicodeSemantics = null after loading ini file
in setIniFile, to fix)

This issue is known : php.ini is not fully supported (Caucho's fault), you must use web.xml. I think I have an old example in my archives if you need it.

2. When the unicode.semantics is enabled (which was required to get
mysql utf8 data to display correctly) the phpinfo function does not
display any of the values correctly.
I tried setting unicode.script_encoding=iso-8859-1, script-
encoding=iso8559-1 nothing seems to have an effect.

Okay, I explain the main problem of Quercus about Unicode issue :

Initially, Quercus was made for Resin application server and Windows environnement. So, all of code is ISO-enabled.

Quercus uses StringBuilder which are charset-dependent : we need to review all the source code to provide a full unicode compatibility.

I currently work on it to merge my work into 4.0.14.2-dev branch and to review the source code.

Stay tuned.

Kevin Decherf - M: +33 681194547
Office & Production Manager, Clever Cloud SAS

chiefgeek

Apr 7, 2011, 3:02:15 PM4/7/11
to Quercus (Clever Cloud Development Branch)
So I converted all of my php.ini entries to xml entries in my resin-
web.xml and the unicode branch appears to be working fine.