Is quepy the right tool for our application?

Jonas Baggett

May 15, 2017, 8:06:41 AM5/15/17
to Quepy
Hello,

I am new to the field of natural language processing and for a new project we need to be able to let a user make a query by providing a set of keywords separed by separators and that the system understands what it needs to query from a database of our own. Here are some possible examples :

- John Smith, New York City + Chicago => find every people in the database whose name are 'John Smith' and live in New York City or Chicago.
- All men, 30 to 39 years old, marketing => find all men from 30 to 39 years old working in a marketing department
- Women, 20-40 yrs, automotive industry => find all women from 20 to 40 years old working in the automotive industry.

Could quepy be the right tool for that ? The queries are going to be simple to interpret, without any ambiguities (I believe), but the toolkit should be able to recognize several ways to express the same information (e.g. 30-39 yrs = 30 to 39 years old). After parsing the user query, we want to have a SQL SELECT query as a result that we can execute in our database, or something easily translatable to a SQL SELECT query.

Thanks in advance for your answer !
Jonas Baggett