Use quepy in my QA system

Roozbeh Shirvani

Jul 23, 2016, 9:44:45 PM7/23/16
to Quepy
I am building a QA system for my own application which is, given a paragraph I want the system to be able to answer questions about the given paragraph.
I was wondering how Quepy can help me to do such a task. If not, what kind of open source systems I can use.
It might not be related to this post but accept my apology if it is not.

Rafael Carrascosa

Jul 25, 2016, 8:34:44 AM7/25/16
to qu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Quepy was not built with that use case in mind... and the task you mention is so big that I would not even know where to start with a recommendation.
Perhaps you can try separating 'knowledge extraction' (from the paragraph) from the actual 'question answering' (the kind of thing where IEPY helps).

Cheers!

Nick Lothian

Jul 25, 2016, 8:53:46 AM7/25/16
to qu...@googlegroups.com
I've done a little work in this area, mostly for the recent AllenAi Kaggle competition. It turned out that the most effective approaches were information retrieval (ie search) based.

Look at the models developed for that and also the QuizBowl research area. The Google 'learning to read and comprehend' paper may be related, and approaches related to that represent the state of the art.

A warning though: this is an unsolved problem.

Roozbeh Shirvani

Jul 25, 2016, 2:17:07 PM7/25/16
to Quepy
Hi Nick and Raphael,

Thanks for the follow up and your advise. I took a look at the Deepmind's paper and it is indeed very interesting task and it has a lot of room for improvements, I am going to start with this paper and their code. Also Nick, I was wondering if any body put out his Kaggle result out there so that I can take look, Paper or repository I mean. I have not heard of IEPY and it seems a very helpful one for the task that I am interested.

BTW, you are absolutely right, this is very challenging problem.

Thanks for your time,
Rouzbeh

On Sat, Jul 23, 2016 at 10:44 PM, Roozbeh Shirvani <rouzbeh...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am building a QA system for my own application which is, given a paragraph I want the system to be able to answer questions about the given paragraph.
I was wondering how Quepy can help me to do such a task. If not, what kind of open source systems I can use.
It might not be related to this post but accept my apology if it is not.

Nick Lothian

Roozbeh Shirvani

Jul 26, 2016, 11:46:55 AM7/26/16
to Quepy
Nick,

Thanks a lot for this valuable information.