Poetry submission

1 view

Manjari Kaul

Nov 22, 2010, 2:28:03 AM11/22/10
to queer...@googlegroups.com

All while…

Under the scorching sun,

While waiting to cross the road,

She swung her arm sideways, sloppily,

After pushing back the spectacles perched on her hooked nose.

Her hand, moist with sweat

Brushed against the pleats of my school-skirt.

My flesh went smoldering,

Couldn’t notice the traffic light turning red

Or the ambassador car behind me

While I was vulva to vulva

With my sloppy school-mate

A melody running through my body,

I held the fragrance of her skin in my eyes,

Her temperate touch tickling the lump in my throat.

Psychedelic lights danced over our intertwined legs,

I felt the world cascading down my thighs.

Untrammeled by fear-imposed-disgust or guilty acceptance of desire,

I addressed the seething pangs that’d erupted under a school-room desk

All the while the driver honked incessantly.

All while she’d crossed the road,

Boarded a bus,

And was almost halfway home.

-Manjari Kaul

 holds a masters degree in Arts & Aesthetics.

In life she likes to talk to herself and walls, also sometimes scribble and doodle to break the monotony.