Queer Words Poetry Event on 25th

Mari M

Nov 14, 2010, 9:23:36 PM11/14/10
to Joshua Muyiwa, Neha Bhat, Ignatius Bacchus, Kristen Brooks, phoebe Lifton, Danish Sheikh, apph...@gmail.com, nickne...@gmail.com, nafisa crishna, Tanvi Nair, niruj mohan, queer...@googlegroups.com
Hey Everyone,

Just a quick email to bring you all up to speed on the Poetry Event happening at Jaaga on the 25th.  If I've included you in this email, it's because I have received your poetry and you are reading at the event, or it's because I WANT you to read at the event, and am really hoping you will (Joshua, Nafisa, Neha, hugs!).  If you haven't sent me the poems you'd like to read, or you'd like the poetry to be read, but you're not able to be there, please do email or call me about that too.  9632513023.

We'll be starting at 6pm, so it'd be great if you can get there a half hour before hand, just to make things run smoothly, and quickly.  As it stands now, we've got about 90 minutes of poetry and that's not including the names that Tanvi and Niruj have yet to give me (now would be the time, please!).

Really looking forward to this, think Jaaga is going to be a great space for us!!

Love,

Mari

Mari M

Nov 24, 2010, 10:08:08 AM11/24/10
to Joshua Muyiwa, Ignatius Bacchus, Kristen Brooks, phoebe Lifton, Danish Sheikh, apph...@gmail.com, nickne...@gmail.com, Tanvi Nair, niruj mohan, queer...@googlegroups.com, Akkai
Hey Everyone,

Below is the schedule for tomorrow's event.  Please be there as close to 5:00pm as possible, we will be starting ON TIME as close to 6 as possible.  You can call for directions if you don't know where Jaaga is.  It's really important with so many people reading that everyone try to be on time.

Because we have been so blessed with interest in this event also, no one will be able to read more than 5 minutes, with a one line introduction that you will do yourselves.  This way, we're able to have as many people be involved as possible :).  Please let me know if you have any questions.

5:00pm-6:00pm Set up of Event, snacks organized, poets arrive

6:00pm-6:10pm Crowd forming, mingling, help people find their seats etc

6:15pm-6:25pm MARI OPENS, WITH AKKAI TRANSLATING

6:30pm -8:05pm {Each poet introduces themselves with a one line introduction and reads no more than 5 minutes, this will be moderated by Mari and Akkai.}

8:10pm-8:25pm AKKAI CLOSES EVENT IN ENGLISH AND KANNADA

POET

LANGUAGE

1

Danish Sheikh (not present, someone needs to read)

English

2

Sumathi

Kannada

3

Phoebe Lifton

English

4

Durga

Telugu

5

Fatima

English

6

Sneha

Tamil

7

Mari Eva Mascarehnas

English

8

Chandni

Kannada

9

Ryan K. Brooks

English

10

Revathi

Tamil

11

Kevin Tobar Pesantez

English

12

Umesh

Kannada

13

Nick Neutron

English

14

Charu

Tamil

15

Apphia Kumar (present?)

English

16

Santosh

Kannada

17

Manjari Kaul

English

18

Gayathri

Tamil

19

Pavan Kumar

English

20

Joshua Muwiya (present?)

English

niruj mohan

Nov 24, 2010, 12:29:39 PM11/24/10
to queer...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mari,
I am sorry to hear about your cat.
It does seem that you have been having a tough week ....

I will get some printouts, no problem.

regards
niruj
--