Free Artist Residency that actually pay$ arti$t$!!

J.R. Uretsky

Jul 27, 2021, 2:19:55 PM7/27/21
to fort_t...@yahoogroups.com, queerpr...@googlegroups.com, Lindsay Compton
Greetings Fort-ies and Queers!

The AIR program at New Bedford Whaling National Historical Park is legit, you get $2,500 +supplies, a studio that looks over the Atlantic, access to equipment, and it's run by a delightful queer Ranger 🌈🐬💅-- cc'ed.

MORE INFO: New Bedford Whaling National Historical Park seeks artists to take part in our residency program in 2022!
  • When will the call be open? September 1, 2021, through October 31, 2021
  • When will the selections be made? November 2021, for residencies, starting in January 2022

  • What is the stipend? $2,500 for three months ($833/ per month) and all supplies are provided by the park

  • Where can I apply? anyartist.org

  • Who will be selected? FOUR artists will be selected for residencies in 2022: January-March, April-June, July-September, October-December

We pose this challenge to our artists: look at New Bedford as a source of inspiration for their work. Possibilities can include, but are not limited to heritage, ecology, identity, and community. This residency is for artists that wish to engage with our visitors, staff, and volunteers. Our residency is a studio residency and does not include housing. Selected artists will have access to a 300 square foot studio, and a wide array of equipment. A full list of the available equipment will be included in the call.

Art should be accessible to all people. It is the artist’s role to act as a catalyst for both inspiration and radical inclusion.

During the residency, artists will offer two programs of any typeThe programs can be public workshops, talks, demonstrations, or other outreach. Possibilities range from children’s craft days, to meet and greets over coffee, to Q&A sessions. Park staff are available to help artists brainstorm, help, and install program ideas. The events should occur on AHA! Nights (http://www.ahanewbedford.org/), weekends, or school vacation days. All events will be free and open to the public.

Best of luck!

J.R. Uretsky
she/her/hers or they/them/theirs, why are pronouns important?

The Dirt Palace at the Wedding Cake House is an ambitious restoration project providing artist in residence quarters that complement the feminist residency program and facilities at the Dirt Palace’s current location in Olneyville Square.

Help us create visibility for female-identified artists and people historically marginalized within the arts. Your donation will provide direct support to 20 - 50 artists per year.  Click here to donate.