Cleves Results June 25

Patrick McMullen

Jun 26, 2024, 6:40:45 PM (3 days ago) Jun 26
to Queen City Wheels
Last night, we experienced the largest crowd so far this year which included no less than six first time ever riders!  A big welcome to:

Rob Currens
Stephanie Edwards
Cameron Johnson
Scott Phillips
Alan Stutes
Rick Toler

Those who came out were treated to a fast night thanks to some great weather conditions.  The wind was out of the southwest and the density altitude (for you TRUE TT nerds) was unusually high at almost 3,000 ft.  Congratulations to the following who posted PR's:

Nate Kucera/Russ Meyer (Male Tandem)
Nancy Lichtensteiger
Stan Meininger
Andy Pokupec
Judy Stutes
Steve Terschak
Jonathan Walters (HPV)

I believe Rob & Roxanne Westendorf hold the record for the best combined husband/wife PR's at 51:09.  Well, they now have some serious competition as Judy & Alan Stutes (as of Tuesday night) have combined PR's of 51:12... only a mere three seconds off the Westendorf's record which has stood since 2015!

If you played with us last night, you know that we encountered some technical glitches with our Seiko Timer which resulted in our inability to view and print the results for a number of individuals.  Please accept our sincere apologies for the confusion.  This morning, I am pleased to report that we were able to successfully access all of the results from the device memory.  We are confident that the attached results are 100% accurate.

One final note.  During the past few weeks, a number of riders have been late registering at the start line which has caused some disruption and delays for the officials who must put everyone off (in the correct seeded order) before rushing to the finish line in time to capture the first riders to arrive.  As a reminder, the event officials have the right to deny a start time for any rider who fails to personally register at the start line after 6:45 PM.  Thanks in advance for your understanding.

And many thanks to Ginny & Dave Lenahan and Steve Terschak for assisting with officiating last night!
Cleves Results 062524.xlsx

andrew.jones

Jun 27, 2024, 9:56:33 AM (3 days ago) Jun 27
to Queen City Wheels
Big changes in the Age Graded Results after this week. Judy takes the lead with a very impressive score of 101.56. A reminder that the age graded results reflect an individuals performance versus the course record adjusted by their age. So a score of 100 for example reflects that if they could magically go back to an age open age group <40 years old then they would have been at the Tuesday night course record time, which is 24:00 for women and 20:33 for men. So Judy's 101.56 ranking estimates that she would have done 24:00/1.0156 = 23:38 as an open age competitor. It is an attempt by me to put both men and women regardless of age on an equal footing. The adjustment is based on British 10 mile TT data that followed 100's of competitors over multiple years to determine the decline in speed as we age. As an example an age 63 year old man is anticipated to decline at about 8-9 seconds per year which is actually exactly what I have done in 2024 versus 2023, but I have hope that I can better this!

Any score of 100 is outstanding, a score above 95 indicates an elite rider, and anything over 90 is typically required to win Cleves age group awards at the end of the year.

The all time best Age graded times since I started calculating in 2020 are Bena Halecky at 105.88 (26:58 as a 66 year old) and Karl Golnik at 105.58 (21:46 as a 64 year old) both on 2020.

Judy Stutes 52 25.35 101.56
Sean Martin 50 21.24 99.04
Francis Manfred 60 22.45 98.77
Todd Williams 64 23.27 98.00