Host housing for Kings CX

Katie Farmer

Jul 15, 2024, 2:38:56 PM (20 hours ago) Jul 15
to queenci...@googlegroups.com

Good afternoon!

We are just over three months away from the Kings CX weekend on October 19th and 20th. We have many athletes who come for the weekend, and some of them request to have host housing.

If you're not familiar with it, host housing means you open your home to them so that they have a place to sleep, cook their food, wash their bikes, and have a sense of normalcy.

Over the years, many Lionheart families have hosted racers and enjoyed the experience. Our family hosted a racer three years ago, and the experience was very positive. Taylor slept in her van and used our home for showers and cooking. She was super kind and engaging with Alex. Twice in the past few years, the Skinner family hosted a junior cyclist from Canada. She went on to race the World Championship with the Canadian National Team.

I am reaching out early this year as I've already started a list.

If you and your family would be interested in doing this, please contact me at katiefa...@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Katie Farmer

Chris Taylor

4:11 AM (6 hours ago) 4:11 AM
to tric...@gmail.com, Lhjuniors, Ignite.Racing, G4B, queenci...@googlegroups.com
The Taylors are a huge fan of host housing.  We did it for many years with Courteney McFadden’s Pivot Maxxis team.  We never knew who would show up from year to year or what they would go on to do next.

Hopefully the attached photo is this worked.   Google groups can be glitchy.  Here are some of palmares of the people we hosted:

  • Olympian, Cape Epic Winner, LifeTime Grand Prix winner,Argentina National Champion, Ice Man Cometh Winner, World Gravel championship
  • Specialized Factory Mechanic for World Champions and Olympians…..Chris Blevins, Sina Frei, Laura Stigger and Haley Batten
  • Team Manager for Maxxis Factory team and Stans How to videos
  • Not seen at the end of the table, Pam Am champion in multiple disciplines and Fiance of rider currently in the top 10 of the Tour de France
  • World team, world team, world team…...
  • Some our hosting includes several siblings but at different times…Ben, Caro and Sofia Gomez-Villafane

They became part of our family while they were here - celebrating birthdays, pumpkin carving, trick or treating, dinners together and intense games of Uno. It’s up to you how much you incorporate them into your lives. There is no expectation for them to be included in your family meals, etc. It’s just what we did. Lisa and I hare happy to answer any questions based on our experiences with host housing.

IMG_1033.JPG