Cleves Results July 9

Patrick McMullen

Jul 10, 2024, 8:04:16 PM (6 days ago) Jul 10
to Queen City Wheels
Did someone say "Tornado Warning!"?  Looks OK to me.  Let's race!  And that we did (as always) from beautiful downtown Cleves to trendy North Bend, OH last night.

Everyone seemed to agree that the weather would make for a slow night but everyone was wrong.  Most riders turned in their fastest night of the season and, in some cases, multiple seasons.

Most notable was the performance of Mr. Mike Finnegan.  Mike shaved 17 seconds off of his previous PR which was set in 1993... 31 years ago!  I don't think anyone has ever gone 30+ years between PR's at Cleves.  This proves there is indeed hope for old people.  (No offense intended Mike!)

Get ready for next week as we are expecting a large crowd of riders (and spectators!).  QCW has designated next weeks Cleves TT as Team Night.  All QCW Team members are encouraged (expected?) to test their mettle on the course next Tuesday evening.  This is also the last event prior to the Swartout Challenge/Ohio State Championship TT race which will take place on this very same course on Sunday, July 21st.

Thanks to Ginny Lenahan and John Dallman for assisting at the Start/Finish last night.  Much appreciated by all!
Cleves Results 070924.xlsx