-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I am new to Qubes OS and this group. Attached please find a PDF
outlining how I organized my setup in general. Getting right to the
point, here is what I have done so far:
* setup and using all fedora-23 based qubes / qubes-split-gpg ... all
works fine and as expected
* created Windows 7 HVM template 
* created USB qube  and verified that USB pass-through works using
the "dev" fedora-23 AppVM. Many of the hardware tools I use have Linux
* other hardware tools I need to use have only Windows clients 
* it is my impression that the qubes-windows-tools do not (yet) support
USB pass-through - is that correct?
* I have also tried to assign the entire USB controller to the Windows
HVM but have failed. I can repeat and provide error messages if that
would be a valid approach.
My next steps:
* install VirtualBox  in a dedicated fedora-23 based AppVM
* run Windows 7 as a guest in VirtualBox inside the fedora-23 qube
I know that:
1) USB pass-through into fedora-23 AppVM works
2) I have used a Windows VBox on Linux installs before (non Qubes OS)
3) USB pass-through from Linux to the VBox worked too
So I see no reason other than performance that the above wouldn't work.
The purpose of this email is:
* confirm that qubes-windows-tools do not support USB pass-through and I
have not overlooked anything or made a mistake along the way
* evaluate whether assigning the entire USB controller to the HVM is a
viable solution ... some seem to have had success with that, but I
couldn't find much details on how to do it other than the obvious tab
in the Qubes VM Manager details for the respective qube.
* get feedback regarding my setup in general (attachment) ... does this
* get feedback if anyone else is using the Windows VBox in fedora AppVM
approach to enable USB pass-through
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I am looking forward to any
feedback you are willing to share.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----