HCL Lenovo ThinkCentre E73z

Gustavo Lapido Loureiro

Jul 12, 2016, 1:39:02 PM7/12/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
I've just installed it, updated Personal vm, opened Firefox Personal, so far so good.

On first boot after installation, it didn't allowed me to choose to create a USB vm, option was blocked. This didn't happened to me when I installed Qubes on a Dell Inspiron N4050 laptop.

At least, it seems to comply both with HVM and IOMMU according to HCL Info script.

Except for the USB issue, so far so good.

I'm planning to address the USB issue as soon as I can, when I will try to manually set it up.

Gustavo Lapido Loureiro
Técnico de Infraestrutura Doméstica de Computação e Redes
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gll.info
Telefone: +55 21 9-9385-0441
Qubes-HCL-LENOVO-10BD00QJBP-20160712-135953.yml

Alex

Jul 12, 2016, 1:41:00 PM7/12/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 07/12/2016 07:39 PM, Gustavo Lapido Loureiro wrote:
> I've just installed it, updated Personal vm, opened Firefox Personal,
> so far so good.
>
> On first boot after installation, it didn't allowed me to choose to
> create a USB vm, option was blocked. This didn't happened to me when
> I installed Qubes on a Dell Inspiron N4050 laptop.
>
> At least, it seems to comply both with HVM and IOMMU according to
> HCL Info script.
>
> Except for the USB issue, so far so good.
>
> I'm planning to address the USB issue as soon as I can, when I will
> try to manually set it up.
Are you trying with the 3.2Rc1 or the 3.1 (stable)?

--
Alex

signature.asc

Gustavo Lapido Loureiro

Jul 13, 2016, 2:47:18 PM7/13/16
to qubes-users
3.1

Gustavo Lapido Loureiro

Jul 14, 2016, 5:09:50 PM7/14/16
to qubes-users
Just an update.

I had to reinstall Qubes OS on this Lenovo and this time I realized that Qubes had disabled the USB qube creation option because I was using a USB keyboard, according to Qubes warning on the screen.

So, the USB disabled option doesn't seem to be an issue