HCL - Apple Mac Mini (late 2012)

Miłosław Smyk

Sep 21, 2014, 7:31:27 PM9/21/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Here is an HCL report for Apple Mac Mini (late 2012 model). The R2rc2 installer hangs after post-installation reboot while detecting networking hardware, so I just booted from a pendrive with Qubes installed by a Thinkpad T420. I also needed to update the list of devices assigned to netvm, otherwise it crashed badly during its launch.

I tested networking, torvm, split pgp, no problems observed. Even Windows 7 HVM (again, installed while running on Thinkpad) behaves, although I could not get Xen networking driver to work.

Best,
Milek
Qubes-HCL-Apple_Inc.-Macmini6,2-20140920-203221.txt

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Sep 22, 2014, 7:41:06 AM9/22/14
to Miłosław Smyk, qubes...@googlegroups.com
Did you tried some hints from this page:
https://wiki.qubes-os.org/wiki/AssigningDevices
?

--
Best Regards,
Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

signature.asc

Miłosław Smyk

Sep 23, 2014, 3:20:07 AM9/23/14
to Marek Marczykowski-Górecki, qubes...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 4:40 AM, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki <marm...@invisiblethingslab.com> wrote:
On 22.09.2014 01:31, Miłosław Smyk wrote:

> I tested networking, torvm, split pgp, no problems observed. Even Windows 7
> HVM (again, installed while running on Thinkpad) behaves, although I could
> not get Xen networking driver to work.

Did you tried some hints from this page:
https://wiki.qubes-os.org/wiki/AssigningDevices
?

Before I had a chance to do that, I booted Qubes once more and Windows networking kicked in.

Minor issue - my Mac Mini HCL wiki entry should probably be added to "desktops", not "laptops".

Best,
Milek