3.2rc3 install on btrfs

johny...@sigaint.org

Sep 29, 2016, 4:46:33 AM9/29/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Finally got around to doing a fresh install of Qubes 3.2rc3 on a btrfs root.

It's quite wonderful, being able to clone a template or an AppVM
instantly, taking no additional disk space except for changes.

However, after the initial install, I had sys-net, sys-firewall and had to
create them manually. Wasn't a particularly big deal, but could stump or
turn off a newbie.

Also, none of the appmenu shortcuts from the debian, fedora, whonix
templates showed up, until I manually forced it from dom0.

I didn't see anything obvious in the anaconda or qubes logs.

Any suggestions of where I might look for what went wrong? At what point
in the install should sys-net/sys-firewall and the syncing of appmenu
shortcuts have taken place?

Thanks

JJ