HCL - custom build with GIGABYTE Z270N-WIFI and Core i5-7600k

Daniel Sage

Aug 30, 2017, 10:45:10 PM8/30/17
to qubes-users
Hello!

I have not done too much testing, but I have found some issues/things of note:

  1. Qubes doesn't even boot to the LUKS password screen unless I have VT-d disabled
    • This is resolved by removing "iommu=no-igfx" from "/boot/efi/EFI/qubes/xen.cfg" and re-enabling VT-d
  2. qubesd would not start after the initial boot until I updated to "qubes-dom0-current-testing"
  3. The video keeps flickering/stuttering occasionally while using Firefox in the personal domain
    • This may occur at other times, but I have not noticed it yet
    • The "current-testing" updates did install an updated kernel but I think I need to manually activate it to see if that resolves this issue
  4. Wifi works flawlessly on the 2.4 GHz band
    • I have not tested 5.0 GHz

Unrelated to Qubes, the BIOS reports it supports a TPM but there is no header on the motherboard to actually install one.
qubes-hcl-gigabyte_technology_co___ltd_-z270n_wifi-20170830-231239.yml