Q: Keeping multiple snapshots of private data

Ulrich Windl

Sep 18, 2022, 4:38:40 PM9/18/22
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I thought on 4.0 there was some setting specifying how many LVM
snapshots to keep per VM. I cannot find such a setting in 4.1.1.
Is my memory wrong?
If not how can I do that?

Also: What types of operations would be allowed on LVM snapshots without
disturbing Qubes OS?:
May I rename snapshots (e.g. to prevent automatic removal)?
May I create additional snapshots from existing snapshots (e.g. to
implement some rotating pattern)?
Can I include additional snapshots in backups?

(I have one VM where the data is very important, and I don't want to
perform backups very frequently)

Or should I clone the VM for backup purposes periodically?

Regards,
Ulrich