HCL - Lenovo X1 Carbon 4th Gen

hj z

Dec 28, 2016, 6:20:19 PM12/28/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
I have tested Qubes 3.2 on my new X1 Carbon laptop, and things mostly worked out of the box.

I was able to boot and install Qubes OS from USB via legacy boot mode.

I have 128G NVMe drive that came with the machine. It seems to work fine as far as I can tell.

Sound/WIFI/SD Card/USB works out of the box.

The only issue I noticed is suspend mode seems to NOT work with VT-D enabled.

--
h221baker
Qubes-HCL-LENOVO-20FBCTO1WW-20161228-173545.yml

h221...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2016, 7:03:57 PM12/28/16
to qubes-users
I was able to fix the suspend issue not working but updating my kernel to 4.8.12 using:
sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-dom0-unstable kernel

But then WIFI driver failed to reload after exiting suspsend, which got fixed following the steps here: https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/wireless-troubleshooting/