Qubes 4 rc3 unpacking errors durint installation

Guerlan

Dec 9, 2017, 8:15:59 PM12/9/17
to qubes-users
First of all, I tried installing 3.2, but graphical installation won't launch, and text installation has a bug which prevents me from installing. Also, UEFI still has all that old bugs, so I had to install with legacy mode. In 4.0rc3 graphical installation launches. I verified the pen drive checksum with dd before booting, and also launched 'test and install'. At some time on the installation, I got

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMXz9KLUxsmw3OPK4ufYmw3xeyj7frOSwu3RV_zMKDtSxPeQtxYeg0g27OyCggVSw/photo/AF1QipPGKbVHkH4erY53Nkq63b0ahMoZ_Vcj-GDPjVkt?key=N0V3YloyRlZIa1BkbDVQcEd6WWJZVTY2bjlES093

after that, I did everything again with another pen drive, and got this error:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMXz9KLUxsmw3OPK4ufYmw3xeyj7frOSwu3RV_zMKDtSxPeQtxYeg0g27OyCggVSw/photo/AF1QipMOgKd9Us6k5MnZyq9KmjIEExHQwG90PHBfklmK?key=N0V3YloyRlZIa1BkbDVQcEd6WWJZVTY2bjlES093

what is happening?

randal...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2018, 1:21:54 AM3/8/18
to qubes-users
Hey bud where you able to find a resolution? With qubes its either you know what your doing or good luck finding an answer let alone even a response back. I have the new raser 2017 and i simply want to test it on a harddrive to get it working properly and i have the same errors you had.

Yuraeitha

Mar 8, 2018, 7:41:40 AM3/8/18
to qubes-users
On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 7:21:54 AM UTC+1, randal...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hey bud where you able to find a resolution? With qubes its either you know what your doing or good luck finding an answer let alone even a response back. I have the new raser 2017 and i simply want to test it on a harddrive to get it working properly and i have the same errors you had.

Finding the appropriate information (not too much random info, not too little info either) is usually key, because it can be exhausting to try troubleshoot another persons computer in almost complete blindness, it usually scares those off who would otherwise help. It's not to be rude or anything, but try see it from others perspective, can't pull magic, information is absolutely essential :)

For example one essential information here, did you try the new RC-5 release yet? Same result? Does RC-3 or RC-4 give the same issues? You can update to RC-5 all the way from RC-2, though, there might be some issues by doing that, but it should be mostly okay as long you don't do it from RC-1 which certainly requires a re-install.

Also those bit-old links are dead to me, I get an error 404 page not found on both of them. What kind of bug are we talking about here?