Microphone disabled in firmware is showing in Qubes

ale...@magenta.de

Apr 27, 2024, 11:29:10 AMApr 27
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
I have just seen that there is a microphone device listed in the devices
menu.

I have already disabled built in microphone with firmware setting and
this doesn't shown in Ubuntu but is shown in Qubes. This laptop doesn't
have another microphone device.

How can Qubes see this device?

qubist

Apr 27, 2024, 12:32:54 PMApr 27
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
The question probably comes down to: Does disabling the microphone make
it invisible or just dysfunctional? Have you researched that?

ale...@magenta.de

May 4, 2024, 11:34:23 AMMay 4
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
qubist:
> The question probably comes down to: Does disabling the microphone make
> it invisible or just dysfunctional? Have you researched that?

Disabled devices (like data transfer port) are normally invisible, but
perhaps for microphone it is different. I will research.