HCL HP Z420

Emily Andes

Jun 6, 2020, 3:03:27 PM6/6/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
I tried suspend once and this computer seemed to hang. I started trying
to install anti evil maid, but haven't really figured out how to do
that yet, so I have a TPM, I just haven't fully tested compatibility
with AEM. Graphics seems to be super finicky, most of the time one of
my four monitors tends to flickers for a few seconds, but I'm also not
running SLI, I'm just running them in tandem. Webcam attachment seems
super finicky too, sometimes it works great, sometimes it doesn't
actually attach to my Zoom dvm, which is weird, but I have found it
easier to add the persistent tag, and attach via terminal rather than
through the gui. Internal stereo and headphone jack work perfectly.
Internet functions normally. Liquid cooling seems to work adaquately.
My setup doesn't seem to be hyperthreading aware, which is strange as
the cpu scheduler and computer are supposed to support hyperthreading.
USB ports function normally. Keyboard and mouse connected via USB to
PS/2 converter perfectly functional, and technically hot swappable
apparently, as long as I leave the PS/2 converter plugged in and only
remove the USB plug. Also I use DisplayPort, and am ecstatic that
graphics are supported via either nouveau or the kernel since my old
laptops DP wouldn't work when using linux previously.

--
Cordially,

Emlay
She/Her/Hers
Qubes-HCL-Hewlett_Packard-HP_Z420_Workstation-20200606-140624.yml
Qubes-HCL-Hewlett_Packard-HP_Z420_Workstation-20200606-142810.cpio.gz