HCL - HP Compaq dc7900 Convertible Minitower

Hakisho Nukama

Dec 14, 2013, 5:37:49 AM12/14/13
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Video on kernel version 3.7 and 3.11 doesn't work,
and 2 GB RAM is not enough to create default AppVMs.
Qubes-HCL-Hewlett-Packard-HP_Compaq_dc7900_Convertible_Minitower-20131213-3.9.txt
Qubes-HCL-Hewlett-Packard-HP_Compaq_dc7900_Convertible_Minitower-20131213-3.9.cpio.gz

Rob Townley

Mar 27, 2014, 12:20:56 AM3/27/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com

On Saturday, December 14, 2013 4:37:49 AM UTC-6, Hakisho Nukama wrote:
Video on kernel version 3.7 and 3.11 doesn't work,
and 2 GB RAM is not enough to create default AppVMs.

We have 4GB of RAM but still cannot get it boot up after installation.  The installation process seems to go ok, but it will hang on first boot.  Does seem to be a graphics problem.  What did you do about graphics?  What output or debugging output would help get this machine working?

For BIOS storage options, did you have IDE or AHCI?
Under the BIOS Security Settings, you clearly had VT-x and VT-d enabled but what about all the other settings such as TXT, embedded security, ....

Rob Townley

Mar 27, 2014, 1:16:29 AM3/27/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com

After changing the BIOS level storage option from IDE to AHCI and reinstalling, qubes-os is booting up on the dc7900 ultra small form factor.

Thierry Bon

Mar 27, 2014, 7:08:06 AM3/27/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
It's me or ''new'' branded HP with intel integrated video card have compatibility issue with R2B3 3.11 & 3.7 kernel ... ?
@
Hakisho Nukama : does 3.9 working fine ?

Hakisho Nukama

Mar 27, 2014, 7:18:45 AM3/27/14
to Rob Townley, qubes...@googlegroups.com
> --

AHCI for storage,
data execution prevention enabled,
embedded security and device support and trusted execution technology disabled,
OS management of embedded security device enabled.

After an BIOS update to 1.26 the integrated graphics chips isn't
working anymore.
Had to plug in an PCIe graphics card.

BTW: There is no option to set the primary graphics card. The internal
is deactivated.

Rob Townley

Mar 27, 2014, 5:41:00 PM3/27/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com, Rob Townley
Thank you.

After an BIOS update to 1.26 the integrated graphics chips isn't
working anymore.
Had to plug in an PCIe graphics card.
I wonder where HP could get word that there is a problem  - a bug report or something.  I have not used HP bizsupport website much since they removed their longstanding forums.  Plus their Single Sign On passport caused problems.

BTW: There is no option to set the primary graphics card. The internal
is deactivated.
Our TabletPCs have low and high power graphics cards ... why can't our desktops.