Screen shot: open in DocumentViewer in AppVM

Beto HydroxyButyrate

Apr 1, 2021, 10:13:59 PM4/1/21
to qubes-users

When I screen scrape in dom0, one option is to open in DocumentViewer in one AppVM.
I assume it is because this is the only AppVM I have DocumentViewer added to the big menu.  Anyway, nothing ever happens.  Does anyone use this?  Has anyone used this?

I also try "Copy to the ClipBoard" assuming I can then do a "Copy Dom0 Clipboard" and then paste in some AppVM but when I select "Copy Dom0 Clipboard" I get a "dom0 clipboard is empty!" popup.

I'm trying to optimise the workflow of scraping screen and getting it to where I want it but the only way I can get it to work is to save it to Pictures in dom0 and then manually xfer it to some target VM and then rummage about in on the appVM....  Rather cumbersome.

I'd also like to optimise the screen capture initiation.  On other platforms, I have a nice control-meta-cokebottle sequence.  I actually don't know what it is.  My fingers know.

awokd

Apr 2, 2021, 5:42:53 PM4/2/21
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Beto HydroxyButyrate:

> When I screen scrape in dom0, one option is to open in DocumentViewer in
> one AppVM.
> I assume it is because this is the only AppVM I have DocumentViewer added
> to the big menu. Anyway, nothing ever happens. Does anyone use this? Has
> anyone used this?

I don't use that option, but save to dom0 then copy to an AppVM. There
are some code samples and links under Productivity here:
https://github.com/Qubes-Community/Contents/tree/master/code.

--
- don't top post
- trim quoted reply to only relevant portions