ThinkPad W530

T. I. N. Comp-E

May 4, 2023, 5:40:28 AM5/4/23
to qubes...@googlegroups.com, Sv...@svensemmler.org
I hope this finds you well... I have a thinkpad W530. I was able to upgrade it to upgrade the ram to 16 Gigs.... I have met all the requirements and specs(I7 3740QM)... it still say my pc is not supported.... what else do i need to do... Ive tried many combination on the bios.... I dont know how to unlock the advanced tab, I dont understand what im doing wrong... please help

Simon Newton

May 4, 2023, 5:51:14 AM5/4/23
to T. I. N. Comp-E, qubes...@googlegroups.com, Sv...@svensemmler.org
Sounds like you have not enabled VT-d (intel virtualisation) in the bios. That CPU does support VT-d, so it just needs to be enabled in the bios for qubesOS to work properly.

On Thu, 4 May 2023 at 10:40, T. I. N. Comp-E <tumim...@gmail.com> wrote:
I hope this finds you well... I have a thinkpad W530. I was able to upgrade it to upgrade the ram to 16 Gigs.... I have met all the requirements and specs(I7 3740QM)... it still say my pc is not supported.... what else do i need to do... Ive tried many combination on the bios.... I dont know how to unlock the advanced tab, I dont understand what im doing wrong... please help

Kind Regards,

Simon Newton

E: Simon....@gmail.com