Issue with shutdown; is it mdmon@.service?

Ulrich Windl

May 23, 2024, 6:33:42 PMMay 23
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I had reported some time ago that Qubes OS hangs quiote some time (1 min
30 sec) on shutdown. It seems some process isn't terminating properly.

For some time I noticed this message in the journal:

systemd[1]: /usr/lib/systemd/system/mdmon@.service:28: Unit configured
to use KillMode=none. This is unsafe, as it disables systemd's process
lifecycle management for the service. Please update your service to use
a safer KillMode=, such as 'mixed' or 'control-group'. Support for
KillMode=none is deprecated and will eventually be removed.

Could it be related? I have two Intel Matrix Storage Manager (IMSM)
RAIDs on my machine, and one RAID used LVM and an encryped partition
that is not used by Qubes OS...

Kind regards,

Ulrich